Re: Coercion

From: Graham E. Morbey <gmorbey@wlu.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 10:41:48 EDT

It seems to me that both Josh and Howard have an anchor. What the anchor
does for Josh, the anchor also does for Howard. The anchor allows for a
journey between birth and death. Some get a longer anchor chain and some
get a shorter one. But both share some limits and some restrictions
because of the chain. The anchor of course is God - Creator and
Redeemer. The question is, has The Sacred spoken, lisped, only from a
distance (transcendent) or also as a human being (immanent) The Sacred
with us - as Jesus of Nazareth? There is no logic that rules out,
somewhere along the journey between life and death, giving an
affirmative answer to the claims of Jesus as understood by a specific
historically developing community. And there is no logic that prevents
that affirmation from being wonderfully freeing rather than narrowly
stagnating. And yes, I did "heighten" Josh's metaphor.

Graham