RE: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 20:54:08 EDT

When it comes to history, I don't really accept that there is more than
one history to the universe. Thus, one set of events happened, all
others didn't. That simple. If binary thinking is supposed to explain
something I don't exactly know what it is. I see nothing wrong with
saying that a given history is false and another is true, at least on
the macroscopic scale. Thus, to exclude that all histories happened,
which certainly is one of the possible middles, I find to be wrong. I
am sure that it is binary thinking again, probably because I have only
two hemispheres of my brain. If I had more hemispheres I could probably
do what the White Queen said she could do:

Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said `one ca'n't believe
impossible things.'

`I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was
your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've
believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'
Through the Looking Glass Chapter 5