Re: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 21:50:41 EDT
Howard wrote:

Now, as I have said before, I treasure the biblical text for what it can tell me about the beliefs and practices of the ancient Hebrews and the early Christian community, but I see no warrant whatsoever for this concept of biblical inspiration.

In Acts, Paul receives instructions from the risen Christ.  He writes letters to the churches he founded.  Does Paul not write under the authority and inspiration of God?  Is there any warrant for considering the epistles of Paul to be something other than inspired Scripture?  Is there at least something in the Bible we can consider divinely inspired?

Dick Fischer  - Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org Received on Tue Apr 20 11:42:56 2004