RE: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 22:41:37 EDT

Are we playing a semantics game here? The bible certainly teaches a
view, which would be compatible with evolution. Would that satisfy you?
I feel this is especially true now that I found that statement in
Nachmanides. I don't think I had seen that before.

> Here we're back to our old argument. One needn't have
> poetry to make the point,
> as Nathan (& other biblical parables show). & reading Gen.1
> as something like the poem
> or the parable is, at the least, no more forced than trying
> to read it as a simplified
> version of an modern scientific picture. But there's
> probably no point in rehashing
> this further. You can have the last word in round 145 if you wish.

Shucks you beat me to it. I was going to let you have the last word.
Oh well, I will have to be faster next time. :-)