Re: YEC Destroying Faith

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 17:56:02 EDT

On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 12:17 PM, Dr. Blake Nelson wrote:

> I thought Jesus, according to John, was God's Word.
> Am I wrong in thinking that? And the canon is a
> divinely inspired witness to that Word, not the Word
> itself.

Yes, John teaches that Jesus is the Word of God, and certainly the
canon is a divinely inspired witness to that Word. But there are
passages like 2 Tim 3:16 that can be taken to mean that the Bible is
the word of God. The Westminster Confession of Faith refers to
Scripture as the written word of God.
Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148