Re: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 21:24:12 EDT

Glenn writes:

> Sorry Bob, parallax measurements FALSIFIES ptolemy. The Ptolemaic
> system simply can't account for stellar parallax. It is false. If you
> chose to say it is true, you are equivocating on the word truth. You
> have an entirely different definition of truth than the one used by
> Aristotle.

Glenn,

By that logic, the fact that there is no waters ("upper sea") above the
firmament (Hebr. "raqu'i", a solid expanse; Gen. 1:6-8), and no firmament
FALSIFIES Genesis 1, your concordist interpretation of 1:11-12
notwithstanding:. Therefore, following your reasoning, I should abandon
faith in the Bible and the Lord Jesus that it reveals, since I can no longer
trust God to be truthful in the Bible.

Bob
PS: I prefer my herring pickled.