Re: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Rich Blinne <e-lists@blinne.org>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 17:07:47 EDT

I started this thread and what started it was my very critical blog entry
concerning Ham and Falwell. That entry also had comments concerning
Glenn's spiritual journey. It is interesting to note that both Glenn and
myself were commenting on how we became ex-YEC with our Christianity
still intact. We also know people who have become ex-YEC but apostacized.
I asked this group my questions in order that that specific danger be
avoided. Great care needs to be done in how we communicate things
because we might actualize the potential danger.

I regret that I inadvertantly posted Glenn's private e-mail and I wish to
personally apologize for that error. That error did confirm that we are
truly scientists and engineers here. Namely, we really need some
sensitivity training. We cannot be unconcerned about how what we say gets
heard. As such, Glenn and my personal experience should be granted a good
deal of weight. We know how we would have internalized the arguments when
we were YEC. We rightly rail against YECs who don't understand how we can
be Christians and not YEC. As a result, they slander us. Sadly, we seem
to be all to willing to return the "favor". It was said that our faith
is more "mature" than theirs. Well, then let's apply James and prove our
faith by our deeds.