RE: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:48:57 EDT

In some sense, this illustrates my point. You don't understand the
logic followed by a YEC and thus don't think doing the above is that
bad. It isn't, FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

The YEC logic (and I still think it is good)
1. god created the earth
2. God isn't senile so he knows what happened
3. God has a choice--communicate what actually happened at creation or
communicate a fictional account (There is only one thing which actually
happened.)
4. Blake Nelson tells me that it doesn't have historical truth (thus is
not the thing that actually happened)
5. Therefore the Bible is False, or God isn't telling the truth
6 Both options bad.

> *Shrug*. Then, perhaps, we have a problem bigger than
> their scientific viewpoint. I am hard pressed to
> determine what specifically is "christian" in Genesis
> *without* the understanding of Jesus of Nazareth's
> life, death and resurrection to inform it.

Another illustration of my point. You wouldn't be very helpful in
dealing with that person's crisis, other than to help them along the
road to atheism.