RE: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Rich Blinne <e-lists@blinne.org>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 23:33:26 EDT

That's why I am convinced that we shouldn't be on a crusade about this. It
is one thing to be a safety net when someone falls. It is yet another thing
to "push" them. If we are indeed right, it is better for them to enter the
Kingdom in error than not to enter at all.

I understand that faith is better understood as trusting in God's character
than the certitude on facts preached by YEC leaders. But, what a
wrong-headed approach as Glenn notes above does is to make God out to be a
liar (or that He simply doesn't exist). How can people trust in that kind of
character? We all agree that YEC can destroy people's faith. But, we also
need to understand how we can be part of the problem rather than part of the
solution. Having people trust God is far, far more important than winning an
argument.