RE: YEC Destroying Faith

From: Rich Blinne <e-lists@blinne.org>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 00:40:26 EDT

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:41:24 -0500, "Glenn Morton"
<glennmorton@entouch.net> said:
> :-), Well my private message posted to the board will make my more
> liberal friends unhappy again. But what I said, I stand by. I don't
> think most have the foggiest notion of what it is like to leave yec. A
> few do, but most were never there.

Sorry about that. To clarify what Glenn is saying, what I don't think
most liberals get is there really is no "middle ground" here. When a YEC
falls, he rarely adopts liberal forms of Christianity but becomes
agnostic/atheistic. Because of this those who remain in the YEC camp will
treat people like Glenn as if he was an atheist because thats where
people like him often times end up. What former YECs retain is the proper
notion of what is claimed by Scripture, as Francis Shaeffer put it
capital-T truth. So, if it is disproven the claims force the former YEC
adherent to dismiss it altogether. I was not personally that deep into
YEC, nor for very long. But, I was there long enough to understand part
of the dynamic. Did I get it right, Glenn?