YEC Destroying Faith

From: Rich Blinne <e-lists@blinne.org>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 15:47:11 EDT

We have discussed ad nauseam the theoretic capability of YEC destroying
faith, particularly amongst those who are professional scientists. Well,
I have an example of such a thing concerning someone who is not a
professional. I had the following comment posted on my weblog:

  I,too, have had a crisis of faith after being presented with facts
  concerning the universe and facts concerning the creation of man. In
  fact, in my college biology class, I asked the instructor if the
  scientific community was positive about the evolution of man as
  presented, and she quietly whispered, "Yes." I still have not been able
  to come to peace with that. I wound up dropping the class. Later, to
  make up for this course, I took a Physical Science course on the
  Universe. Although the material in this class was not totally backed up
  by scripture, the discrepancies between what I had been taught in
  church from the Bible about the creation of the universe could be
  worked through in my mind. But, I too, have said openly, "If the
  creation of man and the earth is disproved with facts, what else can be
  challenged in the scripture." This is a scary place to be when you have
  absolutely believed the Word of God as infallible. Oh, by the way, I am
  not an 18 year old kid. I am a 46 year old woman.

Any suggestions on how I should respond? If you want to respond directly
go to:

http://www.blinne.org/blog/2004/02/falwell_confide.html