Re: Gold's theory (was Re: The Party's Over)

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 10:14:59 EDT

>>Why do the YECs "predict" deep oil fields? It's not clear to me how
that's a part of the flood model.>>

I suspect that most YECs don't. Likely it was my faulty memory as I read
about Gold's theories about the time I was studying some YEC nonsense and
I no doubt (falsely) conflated them.

My recollection is that the oil (gas?) resources predicted by Gold were
not generated by organics but by other processes. If so, they might be
present on other planets such as Mars, Venus, etc. also.

My recollection also is that a set of explorations was made about 10
years ago based on Gold's ideas and came up null.

Now if the Mars rover finds oil ... .

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/astory.htm (a story to tell)

Ubi Caritas