Re: Coercion

From: Howard J. Van Till <hvantill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 08:57:18 EDT

On 4/12/04 8:54 AM, "Peter Ruest" <pruest@mail-ms.sunrise.ch> wrote:

> last week, a close friend of mine has been definitely diagnosed as
> having Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) - in particular, the bulbar form. His
> swallowing and speaking ability has been deteriorating rapidly, together
> with progressive weakness of leg, arm, hand, and respiratory musculature.

Peter,

I am sorry to hear of your friend's diagnosis. I'm sure that your close
friendship with him will be an important element in his dealing with ALS.
Having once faced the uncertainties associated with a cancer diagnosis, I
have an idea of what he is going through.

I certainly do not wish to appear insensitive to the tragedy of this
situation. But as I reflect on realities of life such as your friend's
diagnosis, and in the context of your proposals re God choosing the outcomes
of quantum events, and in the context of various comments on the "coercion"
thread, here is my question: Do you think that it is possible that God could
have chosen a series of quantum event outcomes such that your friend would
not now have ALS?

Howard Van Till