Re: Ardipithecus kadabba dated 5.2 to 5.8 million years ago

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 13:28:43 EDT
George Murphy wrote:

Dick Fischer wrote:

> As I remember, aardvark translates, "earth pig."

        Yes, in Afrikaans.

In his book, Origins Reconsidered, Richard Leakey ties the man/ape split with the Gregorian rift that cut through Africa about six million years ago.  This changed the climate over time as the land area below the rift became drier, just as western Kansas is dry due to water being wrung out of the atmosphere when it passes over the Rocky Mountains.

As lower Africa became drier, the tree dwelling apes below the rift had to forage on the ground for food and carry it in their arms, becoming bipedal.  As their diet changed, they traded a heavy skull to hold large jaw muscles for an expanded brain case.

Finding transitional fossils in exactly the right place at exactly the right time underscores the logic of this scenario which leaves the ID crowd with little more than a hot air argument - unless they wish to argue that God caused the rift.  In that case, the Creator intervened in the physical world to cause a biological effect.

We could call that movement "II" (or "Aye Aye, Sir") for Intelligent Intervention.  Or, how about "III" for Intermittent, Intelligent Intervention? Or maybe, "IIII" for Intentional, Intermittent, Intelligent Intervention, which could be shortened to "Aye, Yi, Yi Yi."   Phil, are you listening?  Have we got a deal for you ...

Dick Fischer  - Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org