Re: A freely choosing God? (was: Faith, Evolution, and Tax Dollars?)

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 10:18:23 EDT

Michael writes:

> One could say with Tom Parker that Calvin was not a Calvinist and Luther
was
> not a Lutheran.
>
> A naughty thought would Luther and Calvin be welcome in some of "their"
> churches today?
>
> Someone has just sent me Turretin's a Calvinist scholastic ad extremis
> citation on his geocentricity
>
> Michael

Another naughty thought: would Jesus be welcomed in some churches of every
denomination? especially if he were to deliver the Sermon on the Mount?

(When I teach this part of Matthew's Gospel, I discover that many of my
Christian students are not familiar with chapters 5-7. Occasionally one
will tell me that "Love your enemies" can't work because it is not
practical. Shades of Freud!)

Bob