Re: Faith, Evolution, and Tax Dollars?

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 22:02:48 EST

On Saturday, April 3, 2004, at 06:18 PM, Howard J. Van Till wrote:

> Also in contemporary ID-speak, to say that some biotic structure X is
> designed is to say that the actualizing (assembling, forming,
> constructing,
> fabricating) of X requires, in addition to whatever natural processes
> may be
> involved, one or more episodes of non-natural, form-conferring
> intervention
> by an unidentified, unembodied, choice-making agent who is not
> necessarily
> God.
>
> Is that what you (or Hodge) mean by 'design'?

I don't know what Hodge means by design -- although probably he means
it in the interventionist sense. I see design as applying to the whole
of nature, including natural processes. God need not intervene because
he has designed all of nature and natural processes to be able to cope
with whatever situations develop, and he has designed nature to be able
to produce the outcomes he desires.

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148