Has World Oil Production peaked.

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 22:58:01 EST

I have been trying to determine the answer to this question over the past
few weeks. I really don't know the answer. However, the Christian Science
Monitor has beaten me to the punch. They examine the issue. It is clear to
me that OPEC may not have the spare capacity that many thought they did.
The price of oil remains amazingly high and OPEC claims not to be able to
increase production. I do expect the middle of this year to bring weakness
in the oil prices, but that may be more due to demand than due to supply.
Anyway, the Christian Science Monitor has an interesting article at

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0129/p14s01-wogi.html