Re: A case for Christianity that does NOT use ID or YEC arguments

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 10:39:56 EST

>>I would direct your friend's brother to Stephen Barr's recent book,
_Modern Physics and Ancient Faith_. Part I: "The Conflict between
Religion
and Materialism" (pp. 1-29) I think does a fine job of skewering what
Barr
calls "materialism as an anti-religious mythology."

Bob Schneider>>

Hi Bob:

MetaNexus published a good review of Barr's book about a month ago.

I posted it on THEOLOGYWEB in a thread called "book reviews" (which I
started). One responder, an atheist, tore the review (and Barr's book)
apart. You might be interested in seeing his rationale (which I do not
agree with, but chose not to respond).

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/fracture.htm (Review of THE FRACTURE OF GOOD ORDER)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!