Re: A case for Christianity that does use ID or YEC arguments

From: Rich Blinne <e-lists@blinne.org>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 15:33:36 EST

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:19:01 -0500, "Ted Davis" <TDavis@messiah.edu>
said:
> Let me offer a "second opinion," relative to your friend using ID
> arguments.
>
> I think that the ID movement is making some valid points about modern
> science, as follows.

I agree. I would like to see the ID movement focus on the anthropic
principle more rather than on disproving evolution. When doing this they
need to avoid the same fallacious statistical methods they apply to
evolution, though. This would also keep people like Hugh Ross in their
area of expertise. Some recent developments last year that would make
for strenghtening the anthropic principle (no pun intended)include:

1. WAP satellite showing the universe is flat. One of the arguments
against the Strong Anthropic Principle was oscillating universes. A flat
universe does not allow for that.

2. Strong bounds on Lorenz Invariance violations. This hampers some of
the multi-dimensional, multiple-Universe, string theories.