QuRe: A case for Christianity that does use ID or YEC arguments

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 15:11:04 EST

Douglas,

    Here are a couple of items from a Roman Catholic perspective that are
accessible, and in which your brother may find some resonance, by John F.
Haught. The approach is broader than biblical but frequently refers to the
bilical experience of God; what may be useful is that Haught provides
arguments that demonstrate that there is no conflict between God and
evolution, and that evolution does not make belief obsolete but instead
invites the Christian to a deeper and richer understanding of God in
creation:

    1) Science & Religion: From Conflict to Conversation: Chapter 3, "Does
Evolution Rule Out God's Existence?"
In this and other chapters, Haught presents the materialist/scientistic
argument and the proceeds to take it apart.

offers a criticque of scientific materialism.)

Both are published by Paulist Press and could be ordered on line.

Bob Schneider