Randomness from full disclosure

From: bivalve <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 19:43:45 EST

>Does anybody know what historical trends led to "randomness" being seen as one of the big problems with evolution? My understanding is that William Jennings Bryan and others of that period argued against evolution because they thought determinism was the problem. What led to that flip?<

I suspect that this closely tracks the claims of randomness coming from the folks who try to use evolution to attack traditional religious views, though I do not have the data to test this. It seems to be another example of accepting the bad theology of unbelieving evolutionists and attacking their science.

    Dr. David Campbell
    Old Seashells
    University of Alabama
    Biodiversity & Systematics