Re: Full disclosure (was Grand Canyon Tears America Apart )

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 00:32:01 EST

Preston wrote:

>I checked recently and Wheaton still has in its doctrinal statement that
>humans were separately created. Faculty supposedly have to affirm
>everything in the statement. I wondered how they could find anyone to
>teach anthropology and related matters. Any observations on this?

There was a bruhaha a few years back with one of their teachers refusing to
acquiesce. It was just prior to when ASA had there annual conference
there. I don't remember how it turned out. The Wheaton statement of faith
reads in part:

"WE BELIEVE that God directly created Adam and Eve, the historical parents
of the entire human race; and that they were created in His own image,
distinct from all other living creatures, and in a state of original
righteousness.

"WE BELIEVE that our first parents sinned by rebelling against God's
revealed will and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, and
that as a result all human beings are born with a sinful nature that leads
them to sin in thought, word, and deed.

I would suggest they modify their statement to say:

"WE BELIEVE that God directly created Adam and Eve, and that they were
created in His own image, distinct from all other living creatures, and in
a state of original righteousness.

"WE BELIEVE that Adam sinned by rebelling against God's revealed will and
thereby incurred death, and that all human beings have a sinful nature that
leads them to sin in thought, word, and deed.

Anybody care to send them this suggested revision?

www.genesisproclaimed.org