RE: Full Disclosure

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 11:55:29 EST

Glenn wrote:

> One of the major reasons, I contend,
>is that they find the apologetical arguments weak and therefore come to
>believe in the factual untruth of scripture.

I whole-heartedly agree. When I was first exposed to YEC, after I had
become a Christian and was a member of a fundamentalist Bible-teaching
church, it was such a shock to my belief system that I did not get one wink
of sleep that night, but kept jumping out of bed and writing down reasons
why I knew it was totally off base. By the next morning I had ten reasons
written down why I knew the earth and universe had to be millions or
billions of years old. Promptly at 9:00 AM, I called one of the pastors at
the church and said, (ala Apollo 13) "I have a problem." And it all
started there ....

www.genesisproclaimed.org