RE: Full disclosure (was Grand Canyon Tears America Apart )

From: Don Sprowl <sprowl@lacollege.edu>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 09:57:31 EST

Bob's comment:

    Glenn, I appreciate that for you a data reality check was necessary.
But you are a scientist. I am thinking of all those people in the pews are
are either scientifically illiterate or nearly so. They need to hear a
Christian voice that can speak both of Scripture and of science.

Yes. The issue for the non-scientist Christian is not science, it is the
Scriptures. YEC resonates in the pews because it preserves the simplest
(and therefore faithful and true) reading of Genesis. The science may be
muddled and confusing, but we can trust the "experts" who tell us that YEC
is good science and all is well. The old earth position will not resonate
until it "feels right" scripturally.

Don Sprowl