Re: Canadian coal - block diagram of depositional setting

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 17:51:59 EST

Thanks Kevin.

I haven't joined in as I dont have the technical stuff at my fingertips. But
whether you look at a local succession like this, or any coal sequence or
any other part of the geological column there are sequences of strata which
may deep marine, shallow marine , estuarine, fluvial or aerial i.e. sand
dunes. This means that they cannot be all flood just as the geological
workers of the 18th century worked out with their original young earth
assumptions which they had to modify and reject because of the evidence of
the strata which they compared to more recent deposits.

Regards

Michael