Re: Canadian Coal - depositional setting

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 22:48:01 EST

Bill,
I'm not competent to get into your discussion of coal formation, but the
item below does raise a puzzle. My understanding is that the Flood tore
up almost everything and drowned all the terrestrial creatures that were
not in the ark early on, that is, during the first 40 days. This would
have exterminated all rodents, lagomorphs and other terrestrial
burrowers. I don't think that the burrows, at least as I understand their
nature, could have been produced by annelids or molluscs. So I am
wondering about these obviously gilled marine fossorials who dug through
the sand as it was being deposited during a few days of the year of the
Flood. Can you tell me more about them? Or is this another one of those
ad hoc explanations that make no sense?
Dave

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:41:12 -0600 Bill Payne <bpayne15@juno.com> writes:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:20:30 -0700 "Kevin Sharman" <ksharman@pris.bc.ca>
writes:

> There is a 50 meter thick sandstone with burrows at most levels. You
tell
> me - can these animals burrow 50 meters upward in two days?

That would be 25 meters/day, or about 1 meter/hour, or less than 2
cm/minute. What's the problem?