Re: Grand Canyon Tears America Apart in Battle Between Scienceand Faith

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 19:38:16 EST

Ted Davis wrote:

> Wally asks, who on this list ever concedes a point to YECs?
>
> I can speak only for myself. I do not agree with YECs about how scientific
> information is to be interepreted, when it comes to origins. I might
> perhaps agree with a specific critique or two, but not obviously the overall
> outline.
>
> However, in cultural terms I agree substantially with some YEC complaints
> about public education. I agree that public education suppresses dissent on
> issues related to origins, I agree that public education often (perhaps
> usually) trivializes religion, and I agree that some very important and
> highly visible scientists have made a religion out of science, incl
> evolution. I also agree that many liberal Christians have molded their
> theology around evolution, esp by adopting some type of process theology or
> some other theology that effectively denies the transcendence of God and/or
> human sinfulness--and that this is not biblical.
>
> How's that, for starters?

I agree with that, Ted. Although I agree (usually) with the concept of
evolution, it is clear that the humanists use that in the public schools to
promote atheism and to oppose any form of theism. It is extreme naivety to think
to the contrary -- and unwise to allow them that forum uninhibitedly. IMO

Walt

Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

In any consistent theory, there must
exist true but not provable statements.