Re: Grand Canyon Tears America Apart in Battle Between Science and Faith

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 13:14:17 EST

George wrote: "There are a number of things wrong with this argument but
I will note only one.
Acceptance of the principle that "The gov't ought not take a stand for or
against any
particular position, no matter how solid the science behind it" would
mean that those
responsible for public (i.e., gov't) education would have no grounds for
rejecting YEC &
other aberrations from science curricula."

1. Tell me the other things wrong with it.
2. Have you read FRACTURE?
3. I reject your argument (above).
        a. The education arms of gov't SHOULD acknowledge and even teach YEC in
science classes
        b. The YEC views should be presented as what they are, and no more.
        c. The education arms are (usually) competent to give them the exposure
they deserve
        d. Their exclusion today is one case of the marginalization I speak of.
        e. By ignoring the YEC view, credibility is given it that it does not
deserve.
        f. By ignoring the YEC view, the case against it is never taught.

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/shadows.htm (Into the Shadows)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!