Re: Grand Canyon Tears America Apart in Battle Between Science and Faith

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 13:07:39 EST

Glenn posted, in part: " it is hard to have a free debate when the other
side doesn't care what you say--in their eyes, we
are wrong regardless. My point here is just to note that there isn't a
debate."

<ironic mode on>Judging by the calm, collected, coherent and responsible
understand your point.

My point is that the current state of affairs are not leading to an
acceptable (for non-YECs) solution. We are losing. Big time.

My solution is to quit marginalizing them, to follow the precepts in THE
FRACTURE OF GOOD ORDER, in the hope that true debate WILL take place.

I do not think my solution is the only one -- it is perhaps not the best
one -- it is all I have to offer. It may be that my solution will worsen
things -- that the YECs will increase their current lead at even a higher
rate than now. But I don't know that, and the author of FRACTURE offers
good reasoning why the reverse is true.

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/fracture.htm (Fracture of Good Order review)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!