Re: Grand Canyon Tears America Apart in Battle Between Science and Faith

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 12:58:45 EST

Wally posted, in part: "Let's get serious. Who on this list is open
mended and listens to the arguments
of the YECs and concedes any point whatsoever to them? "

Whan and if a YEC makes a valid argument, I'll concede it. Maybe you have
one in mind?

Take, for example, the current RATE studies. Their argument COULD be that
the results are consistent with a YEC model. Were they to make that, I'd
concede the validity of the statement, PARTICULARLY if they would, in the
same article, analyze the argument that the results are also consistent
with an OEC model.

This they do not do. Rather, they argue that since RATE is consistent
with YEC, then OEC is disproven. And that argument I cannot concede to
them, for it is bogus.

Do they ever make valid points? Of course. There are times I actually
agree a lot with ICR articles. When Joe Sebeny lectured here in Durango
last year, there were points he made that were valid. But such were lost
in his invalid and denigrating arguments (such as "Radiometric scientists
deliberately lie").

If a person says 18 nonsense things to me and two with which I agree, am
I likely to commend him on getting it 10% right? Would you?

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/shadows.htm (Into the Shadows)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!