Re: Grand Canyon Tears America Apart in Battle Between Science and Faith

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 21:34:43 EST

On Saturday, January 17, 2004, at 03:08 PM, John W Burgeson wrote:

> Does anyone know the names of these so called "leading Earth-science
> organizations?" I sure hope the ASA was not one of them.

Since it is ASA policy not to take a position on origins, I presume the
ASA was _not_ one of the "leading Earth-science organizations". Burgy
is right: you don't get anywhere by trying to suppress a point of view.
  Best to let its advocates state their position openly and debate them.
As much as I disagree with the YEC crowd, I cringe when I hear about
the YEC writers who use assumed names lest they lose their jobs.

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148