RE: Canadian Coal - depositional setting

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 07:35:18 EST

I just added a section to my page on Canadian coal which impacts the
floating veggie mat theory which Bill is advocating. I point out a map,
made from drill holes which show a meandering sandstone-filled channel
running through the Harrisburg No. 5 coal seam. This channel goes across
many counties. It is hard to see how a floating vegetation mat could also
deposit a meandering sandstone channel at the same time as it is dropping
vegetation. Are we now going to suggest floating sand bodies which drop
sandstone in the global flood?

see towards the botoom of http://home.entouch.net/dmd/cancoal.htm