RE: Energy sources in the next 20 years

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 07:00:22 EST

One other thing about the agricultural system that will change in the
declining world of petroleum. Apples, grapes and other fruit and vegetables
will no longer be given first class tickets on airplanes and flown to the US
during the winter. The cost will be too high. We will have seasonal fruits
and vegetables again like we did when I was a kid.

When I was in Scotland, one company held a picnic each year for the
industry. They flew several hundred pounds of live crawfish into Aberdeen
for the crawfish boil. It was great as that was the only time of the year I
could eat my favorite critter. But, the profligacy of the event was
obvioius even as I happily munched the mud-bugs.