Re: NT truth (formerly inerrancy?)

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 20:11:38 EST

One issue that gives me pause when considering the authorship of the
Pauline letters (and I and II Peter as well) is that the church
councils that determined the NT canon used as their criteria for
inclusion apostolic authorship. And they were a lot closer in time
than we are. Presumably at the time of the church councils that
determined the canon, people were around whose fairly close ancestors
had been around when the letters were first read. Do we give the
church councils any credit for being closer in time than we are, or had
legend already set in at the time of the councils?

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148