RE: Real Science (was Re: serious)

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 21:51:17 EST

Not quite! It is true that all sorts of verbal questions can be so asked but one must dwell on the concepts and notions used in the questions. For instance, if one asks “Does Jane love Tarzan?” and the answer is “Yes,” the problem is that Jane, Tarzan, and love cannot be characterized by purely physical devices. Physics questions are all characterized by terms that a purely physical in nature and thus amenable to measurements by purely physical devices.

Moorad