Re: serious

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 21:47:53 EST

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Walt,
>
> You said:
> > Yes! I am hostile towards people who say I must be fearful of you (You
> > were not the one who said it.)
>
> Your hostility was unwarranted. My use of the word "fear" in my comment was
> made in a light-hearted context, and in no way indicated that you, Walt
> 'wallyshoes', ever needed to be in fear of Howard J. Van Till.

One of the problems with email is that "light-heartedness" is never evident
without the ;) or other indication. I am as guilty of that as the next person.

> Unsure as to
> why hostility is your default method for expressing opposition

It is not a general default position. I guess that I may tend to get hostile
when someone suggests that I have to fear somebody and I believe that he was
serious. An obvious character flaw. Goes back to a less than desirable
childhood ;)

> , especially
> on a theological list.

That's another problem that I have ====> "theology". I keep thinking of these
posts as Christianity and Science. Those I can master somewhat. Theology is way
over my head. (Ask George Murphy) ;)

Regrets on any misunderstandings.

Walt

--