RE: Real Science (was Re: serious)

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 13:18:59 EST

The data collected in the social sciences cannot be collected, in
principle, by purely physical devices. Thus, the subject matter of
social sciences goes beyond the purely physical. Therefore, social
sciences are not science in the sense of, say, physics. Of course, all
human studies are based on human consciousness and reasoning, which are
outside the purview of human thought itself.

Moorad