Re: serious

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 07:06:33 EST

Walt wrote:

"In this situation, the reasonable approach is to acknowledge that the other side may be right. Once this is done, I suggest that (with everyone accepting the other's viewpoint), more YECs will become non-YECs than the reverse. "

I have no problem with this sentiment. The problem is that those who support the YEC view dont do the same. They dont want to hear about any extrabiblical evidence about how the world is, and insist that their interpretation is the only acceptable one. As this view becomes soundly entrenched in home school, and christian education, instead of presenting a more balanced approach, more and more Christian young folk will have more YEC presuppositions to overcome.