Re: NT truth (formerly inerrancy?)

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 13:41:49 EST

Bob gives a date commonly held. However, 7Q4 from Qumran has been
identified as I Timothy 3:16-4:3. This requires the epistle to antedate
AD 68, when the settlement was destroyed. See Thiede and d'Ancona, /The
Jesus Papyrus/ (London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1996), pp. 125f, with
references in notes 19-21, p. 181. 7Q5 may be a fragment of Mark's
gospel.

How soon the evidence will reach the "scholars," I don't know. Petrie
found ancient Semitic inscriptions in the turquoise mines of Sinai in
1905, but a half-century later I was told by a university prof that Moses
could not have written the Pentateuch because there was no writing in the
fifteenth or thirteenth century BC. But the inscriptions were at least a
century earlier and written by slave workers.
Dave

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 07:38:46 -0500 "Robert Schneider"