Re: BreakPoint: Scientists and Their Gods, 01/05/2004

From: Howard J. Van Till <hvantill@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 13:43:28 EST

Colson asks,

> Do science and Christianity conflict? Not at all, and Henry Schaefer
> provides many scientific evidences of their perfect coherence.

A bit of oversimplification, I would suggest.

Adding some essential qualifications, I would say that science (stripped of
the materialist rhetoric that some of its self-appointed spokespersons tack
onto it) does not necessarily conflict with Christianity (stripped of the
episodic creationist rhetoric that some of its self-appointed spokespersons
tack onto it). The episodic creationist rhetoric of which I speak includes
many of the claims of the ID movement that Colson & Schaefer support.

Howard Van Till