Re:

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 07:32:34 EST

Cute - I really like that, honest. That's funny. Seriously, though, we actually have evidence that the earth is spherical, not flat. People have seen it. I believe the earth is billions of years old based on the evidence. I also believe in God - based on the evidence. My belief in God is stronger and deeper than any other belief because I have a deeper relationship with Him than I do with anyone or anything else in this world.

God is silent about the age of the earth but He is not silent about our need for a Savior. He is not silent about my fallen nature and need for redemption. God leaves mysteries for us that fascinate me!

Sheila

Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
In the email I clarified that this went beyond the flat earth/spherical earth controversy. Being an astronomer, I agree that all the evidence points to a spherical earth . I prefer the spherical earth position myself but I honestly don't know for sure.

The point of the email is that all science must be interpreted through God's word and through God because He is the absolute truth. Anything less would be heresy. As we all know, the Bible is not clear on the sphericity of the earth despite what some people proclaim. The Bible is clear on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He is our focus all of the time. Debating the sphericity of the earth is fun but, despite copernican claims, our belief system and salvation are not hinged on what we believe about the shape of the earth.

I personally have found that despite my belief in a spherical old earth, the status of my salvation has not changed nor has my relationship with God. I have found that the more I seek the truth, my relationship with God grows deeper.

Michael

Sheila McGinty Wilson
sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net