(no subject)

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 15:54:09 EST

In the email I clarified that this went beyond the flat earth/spherical earth controversy. Being an astronomer, I agree that all the evidence points to a spherical earth . I prefer the spherical earth position myself but I honestly don't know for sure.

The point of the email is that all science must be interpreted through God's word and through God because He is the absolute truth. Anything less would be heresy. As we all know, the Bible is not clear on the sphericity of the earth despite what some people proclaim. The Bible is clear on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He is our focus all of the time. Debating the sphericity of the earth is fun but, despite copernican claims, our belief system and salvation are not hinged on what we believe about the shape of the earth.

I personally have found that despite my belief in a spherical old earth, the status of my salvation has not changed nor has my relationship with God. I have found that the more I seek the truth, my relationship with God grows deeper.

Michael