RE: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 12:47:36 EDT

    You are correct. I almost included that in my original post. There was a
    bit of name-calling about who was a believer in "Darwinism." Those who
    emphasized the non-gradualistic mechanisms were harassed about their
    beliefs, and they responded that they really did believe in "Darwinism"
    because of they saw a role for selection in their scenarios.

    Because of these messy definitions, it is important to examine what a person
    means in using the word "Darwinism." Does "Defeating Darwinism" mean that
    you defeat "evolution?" Of course not, but people who are trained in
    twisting meanings take advantage of this confusion.

    Jim Behnke
    Asbury College
    Wilmore, KY 40390 859-858-3511 x 2232