Re: Post-Empiricism Science: A little surprised

From: John W Burgeson (
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:16:11 EDT

    Moorad posted:>>It is quite inappropriate to compare the science of
    weather forecasting
    with evolutionary theory. What are the equations that underlie
    evolutionary theory? Are they deterministic? There are no such

    Your argument is not with me, but with John Casti and his book. Read it.
    The presence (or absence) of "equations" is not a necessary factor. I
    know Lord Kelvin asserted otherwise. He was wrong.

    In the science we share, physics, math is, of course, a necessity. But to
    call weather forecsting a science and evolution not a science is, at
    best, a faulty definition. To say they have nothing in common is also
    faulty. IMHO of course.

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    Only $14.95/ month - visit to sign up today!