Re: Evolution and Salvation

Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 19:25:05 EDT

    >>>I tend to  treat the story of Adam and Eve as more than a total allegory
    and Ibelieve that "good and evil" were placed in mankind via a direct
    interaction with god. This, for no other reason than it makes some sense to
    me. Of course Glenn would argue that the timing is all wrong.

    I believe that the RC church takes a position like that with respect to

    Just to clarify the matter, the RCC takes the position that soul, imbued
    with the knowledge of good and evil, was specially and instantaneously
    created (and still is everyday when a new human being forms in the womb),
    Pius XII, Humani Generis 36.

    No allowance for the 'evolution' of the soul - and therefore moral
    knowledge - is made. And I don't see how it could be.