New to Forum (Atheist)

From: Steve Petermann (
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 11:57:54 EDT

    Hi John,

    I stumbled on the ASA site and was fascinated by Christian scientists who
    rationalize the Bible with natural sciences.

    I was wondering if you could share what progress is being made by atheists
    in rationalizing *their* beliefs with the natural sciences. In particular
    I'm wondering how atheists are now rationalizing their belief in free will
    with science(utilizing methodological naturalism) that rejects it. Also
    since non-telic frameworks are intrinsically relative how are atheistic
    moral frameworks being rationalize or justified. Things like the basis of
    moral authority.

    Steve Petermann