Reply-To header

From: Stein A. Stromme (
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 03:02:39 EDT

    [Walter Hicks]

    | In the case of my email, I can chose to select "reply" or "reply
    | all". To use the former results in only the sender getting it and
    | not asa. To use the latter results in both the sender and asa
    | getting it -- so the sender gets it twice. To send it to asa and not
    | the sender requires that I go to the distribution and delete the
    | other names. I'm lazy and others must be also.

    The list owner should probably configure the listserve software to
    include a "Reply-To:" header in all outgoing messages.
    This is the most natural behaviour for an e-mail list that functions
    as a discussion forum.

    Stein Arild Str»mme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
    Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672
    Matematisk institutt
    Johs Brunsg 12, N-5008 BERGEN