Re: Preoccupation: Was Do non-U.S. .....

From: Joel Cannon (
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 14:31:29 EDT

    Rich said: (Comment at bottom)

    > I did not pull a rabbit out of a hat. The thread took that turn when I
    > responded to this:
    > > Canadians have their own, less obvious brand of civil and Christian
    > > folk-religion.
    > >
    > Unbeknownst to you perhaps is the debacle at Can Global West over free speech
    > in Canada and the court cases in which certain passages in the OT have been
    > attacked as hate speech - because they were deemed intolerant of homosexuality
    > - but quite honestly, I have posted a lot of data in the thread you are
    > concerned with and you responded to none of it.

    I did not respond to all your data because I did not and still do not
    see its relevance to a discussion of civil religion (where it
    originated), or to a discussion of what Christians' attitudes should
    be toward homosexuality. More to the point, I find it manifestly
    off-topic (even if true), and do not want to prolong the thread by
    responding to it.

    Given our different worldviews, the possibility of an honest dialogue
    seems remote.

    Joel W. Cannon | (724)223-6146
    Physics Department |
    Washington and Jefferson College |