Re: Romans on Homosexuality

From: Sondra Brasile (sbrasile@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 14:40:51 EDT

    Debbie,

    I have always taken it as meaning he (the holy spirit, their conscience,
    whatever you want to call it)stopped bothering them about it and "gave them
    over to it". Have you ever sinned and knew you were sinning and it was hard
    to do at first (because of conviction and/or guilt feelings), but you
    willfully went ahead and did it anyway? I have. Eventually it gets easier
    and easier until finally you're justifying it like some people are doing on
    this list.

    Sin gets easier the longer you resist God's stirring; God's conviction, and
    soon the conviction stops altogether, it is this that the verse is referring
    to.

    Sondra