Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: Sondra Brasile (sbrasile@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 09:17:48 EDT

    Burgy,

    I just don't understand why you brazenly ignore the unequivocal words in the
    Bible that describe, in detail, homosexual "union" regardless of the
    situation (intimate or non-intimate) as an abomination to God.

    God made humans to engage in sexual acts; you can say they are "born that
    way" but God has put strict limits on this innate desire. There are tons of
    examples of things we may be "born to do" (eat, have sex, talk, get angry)
    that we are forbidden to engage in, or limited in our use of, under certain
    circumstances. I would be willing to bet they can find the gene that gives
    us our genetic sex drive, but God has prescribed *limits*! How 'natural' is
    intercourse? When we go outside of these limits it is called sin.

    So what is the measure of sin then, John? Emotions? Our 'world view'? Do we
    have any guide or is it just 'if it feels good do it'? That doesn't sound
    like our personal God, how will he hold us responsible at the judgement seat
    when he failed to clearly state the 'rules of the game'?

    I have fallen into this same situation with my own kids again and again and
    a *just* human cannot require their kids to guess at the *right way* and
    then punish them when they get it wrong, therefore a just GOD could never
    require us to just guess at the "rules" and spend eternity mulling over (or
    whatever Hell is) why he punished us for something that wasn't clearly
    stated as sin, but he did. I'd say unless you're reading the wrong Bible
    it's pretty clear-cut, cut and dried, but still you ignore it? I just don't
    get it. Apparently, my husband has had TOTALLY sinful (adulterous)
    relationships that were completely intimate and loving, how can degree of
    intimacy change the rules? Or make the rules?

    Burgy, you seem like a genuis to me, but on this one point you seem to have
    blinders on. I'm being honest, I hope you don't take that as a mean comment.

    Sincerely,
    Sondra